October 9, 2013

I'm an alien freak.

Around this October time, when everyone starts to quote Anne Shirley and F. Scott Fitzgerald without probably even knowing who those people are (Hint for the Pinterest generation: one is fictional, the other is not. Can you guess which one?) I start to get an anxiety attack. Which is bizarre for me because I'm not an anxious person. I'm a procrastinator, and lately, brushing my teeth is not something I enjoy doing, so if I accidentally forget one morning, I let it slide. I mean, my dental hygiene is fine, everybody calm down. I get the job done. But I'm just saying, I'm not an anxious person. So anyway, around the end of September/early October, I get so irritated with all of this fall nonsense. Sure, fall is good. There are leaves and pumpkin muffins, and canyon drives, but do we all have to be so obsessed with it? And, hold up, everybody... I swear that back in May, you were all ready for "your favorite season S.U.M.M.E.R. :):):):)" So, make up your mind, ladies. Which is it? Is your favorite season autumn? Are you "so glad you live in a world of Octobers"? And do you know who L.M. Montgomery is? This is a slam to no one in particular. Believe me. It's to EVERYONE in particular. I deleted Facebook last weekend because it was driving to madness. That's real. So, try to find me on Facebook, I dare you.

Anyway, all of this to say that I can't wait until the leaves fall from the trees and it snows and everything is quiet and perfect. December is when I feel the most at home. Plus, my birthday is three days before Christmas so I think holly berries and chestnut oil swim through my veins all year long. And January. When I'm given a chance to reorganize my life and adore the stillness of the snow. And February. When the world celebrates love. I've never had a Valentine (and this is a post for another time) but I love that holiday. Can we not celebrate love in general? Love for everything in this world? Do we have to go and make every holiday about ourselves? While I do love Valentine's Day, I can't stand the bitching by hormonal, bitter women. Let's just all be happy that love exists. Winter is perfect. No judgement if you don't feel the same, but I love it so much that maybe I'll find a quote from a literary character I don't know anything about to express my adoration for my favorite season.

I'm sorry. If you feel like this is a personal attack on you, it's not. I usually have conversations like this over the phone with my sister, Amy, but we haven't had the time to talk lately. And ohmygosh WHAT is with selfie videos on Instagram?! I don't understand. Am I just wicked??

4 comments:

  1. You may be wicked, but in a good way. In a way that you know things that other people don't bother to know, which can be maddening!

    I will never understand your love of winter because winter causes me to die inside. But I'm glad it's loved by someone. And Anne Shirley is from Anne of Green Gables, right? She's fictional one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. A.M.E.N. I am guilty of proclaiming my love for Autumn but I am also not guilty of spending a billion selfies on OMG SUMMER RITE!? Thank you for saying what I'm thinking and having the best lady balls around.

    Also SELFIE VIDEOS? Neve heard of it, never seen it. When I do, I'll vomit I swear.

    Em
    Tightrope to the Sun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay we very well may be the same exact person. I can't tell you how many times those exact thoughts have run through my mind. Winter has been and always will be my favorite, even though i wish it snowed in california. Also, my birthday is on valentine's day and my valentines have always been the ones that i know i can keep around.

    ReplyDelete

i like words. and you. write me a few?