November 1, 2013

THIS IS JUST TO SAY

HELLO.

My Halloween turned into me watching WWZ with a dashing twenty nine year old man that I can't seem to stay away from, regardless of the fact that I know I should. Anyway, we watched it with pizza and I made him try my Dirty Diet Coke. He wasn't impressed.

WEIRD THINGS HE SAID LAST NIGHT THAT SEEMED OF NOTE:

(At the Sonic drive-thru)
Him: What are you getting?
Me: Route 44 Dirty Diet Coke.
Him: What on earth?
Me: Just order it. I'll explain later.
Him: I need a Route 44 Dirty Diet Coke and...
Me: What are you going to get?
Him: Still trying to decide... (after he mulled it over for what seemed like three minutes, he said...) and a small Root Beer.
Me: You're kidding.
Him: YOU ORDERED A DRINK WITH THE WORD DIRTY IN IT.

Him: I have a pick-axe and sometimes I practice throwing it at trees because I think that skill would be helpful in the event of a zombie apocalypse.
Me: I'm sorry. Let's go back to the part where you have a pick-axe and let's just talk about it for a minute.
Him: I feel like I'm not alone in this.

THINGS HE SAID WHILE WATCHING WWZ:

"A baseball bat? What would a baseball bat be doing in a sectioned off health facility in England? A cricket bat, maybe, but baseball?"

"In my twenty-ninth year, I have found that I'm finally able to grow a mustache."

Me: This entire time, all I have been able to think about is whether or not your pants are velvet. They look velvet. Are they?
Him: They're canvas, but I feel like I want velvet pants now? Is that allowed?

(My favorite game to play with him of late is the age game. It makes him severely uncomfortable.)
Him: I was so excited to see The Lord of the Rings when it came out my junior year of high school.
Me: I was about nine when that movie came out.
Him: Stop. I can't.

Him: I remember the first time I watched Ghostbusters. It was at a sleepover at Mark Reed's house in the sixth grade.
Me: When you were in the sixth grade, I was...
Him: Please don't finish that sentence.


Him: You don't know what an incubator is?
Me: No. I do not know what an incubator is.
Him: I've known what that was since I was probably seven years old.
Me: So, around the time I was born, then?
Him: (Messes up my hair and calls me champ.)


Me: In Halloween in high school involved a large, metal witch hat that Austin's mom used to have. We called it The Sorting Hat and did weird rituals with it in the dark.
Him: ...because Harry Potter was "a thing" when you were in high school.
Me: Hahahaha yeah.

Anyway, I would just like to take this moment right now to say that time heals all wounds. And also, sometimes, I find myself wanting to kiss him just for fun, but I never follow through. So, I guess time doesn't heal the fact that we both like kissing each other. But the point is that it does heal wounds.

1 comment:

  1. why does age have to be a part of anything?! obviously i know it's a good thing, but sometimes it is the absolute worst. this kid sounds like he is kind of the greatest. the pick-axe line is what got me. haha and girl... kissing is always a good idea. well, as long as he is good looking. like seriously, kissing is therapy. pretty sure.

    ReplyDelete

i like words. and you. write me a few?