February 14, 2014

MAKE ME YOUR APHRODITE.


Today I drove in a TORRENTIAL DOWNPOUR, y'all.

Last semester, I had a professor tell me that if you're writing things about people and none of those people are worried about how your writing will make other perceive them, you're not doing a very good job at writing the truth. I thought about that a lot today, and I'm pretty sure I'm writing in the most honest, unabashed way I know how.

I took these snap selfies yesterday in my bed while I was watching the episode of New Girl where Nick tells Jess he loves her and as a response, she shoots him two finger guns. It put me in the dumbest mood, but was worth it because it produced these pictures. If you want to be my SnapChat friend, I'm not surprised.

Did you all see Jeremy Abbot's performance tonight for the men's short program competition?! That guy is unreal. I'm insanely inspired by his courage to peel himself from the ice, injuries and all, and finish his skate. Definition of an Olympic champion and I think we can learn a plethora of metaphorical lessons through his triumph. Here it is if you're into it. Also, since we're talking about the Olympics, it was a Team USA sweep on the podium for the slope style competition. I shed tears and sang along. That star spangled banner gets me every time.

I worked my quads like mad this week at the gym and they've been sore for a few days. None of this would be a problem if I wasn't going skiing tomorrow, but I am. So, that should be interesting.

I rushed home from Logan to see my brother, sister-in-law, and nephew for a few minutes before they left for Sacramento, which is where they're stationed. My brother is in the Air Force and it's the thing in my life that I'm most proud of. I love my military family and the way they're all so damn honorable all the time. THREE CHEERS FOR AMERICA. Obviously, I loved seeing my nephew, Graham, too. He is the chubbiest little thing and he's got three dimples, so, I don't need to continue on about how cute he is. You just should get it. Also, my sister-in-law bought him this hat and when she put it on him, I just couldn't. Like, physically, I COULD NOT.

I got a new iPhone today and I feel like a brand new person. I can't explain it. You know that Bernini sculpture in Rome? Ecstasy of Saint Teresa? I thought I understood her so much before, but now, I get her. As I was making my purchase, images of that sculpture ran through my head. Divinity intruding on an earthly body? That was me in the T-Mobile store with the phone guy, Evan. He handed me the phone and ECSTASY ENSUED.

On my drive home, I was thinking about two things: 1) how T-Pain always seems to find me when I'm stuck in traffic with no more Pandora skips and it puts me in a bad mood and 2) Dark Horse by Katy Perry is so underrated. Go listen to it.

I watched a video that had Michael Kors in it and I got goosebumps, no joke.



I GOTTA GO TO SLEEP BECAUSE SKIING HAPPENS IN THE MORNING AND I PROMISED MY FRIEND, TAYLOR, THAT I WAS GOING TO SKI BACKWARDS LIKE THEY DO IN THE OLYMPICS, SO SRSLY I HAVE TO GO. (P.S. Hey, Taylor.)

2 comments:

  1. "Last semester, I had a professor tell me that if you're writing things about people and none of those people are worried about how your writing will make other perceive them, you're not doing a very good job at writing the truth. I thought about that a lot today, and I'm pretty sure I'm writing in the most honest, unabashed way I know how."

    This is my new favorite thing. This. THISS THOUGH. Good. Now I'll stop being so worried about if I'm being too mean just by being honest. (If they didn't want me to be so mean, maybe they shouldn't have been so mean AMIRITE?)

    Also. I totally talked about the Ecstasy of Saint Teresa in my English class today and nobody got my allusion. So this thrills me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot even ski, let alone backwards.good luck xx

    dreaming is believing

    ReplyDelete

i like words. and you. write me a few?