April 28, 2014

"They like me! They really like me!"


Last week, I desperately needed a shift, so, I revamped my living room. It's really girly and lovely and I never want to leave it, ever.

It's finals week up here at school, and while I'm stoked about the semester ending, I don't really care that much because I start a new semester on Monday.

BUT. Can I share some big news with you? 

In the past three weeks, I've been going to a series of job interviews, trying to find myself the perfect fit. And do you know what? I found it! This afternoon, I was offered my dream job. I am now the writer of a health and wellness blog under The Color Vibe! It's a desk job with a desk and a computer and fantastic people who have been paying attention to me on social media outlets, and they like my work! "They like me! They really like me!" To give you an idea of what kind of people they are, in my first interview, we talked about Tina Fey. So, yeah. It's going to be rad.

They told me the blog would be my baby and while I will have other responsibities, writing is my job. I'm on cloud nine over here, and can't even believe how much faith they're putting in me. It feels so, so good to be recognized by a group of people who value my strengths and the work I do. 


FEELING ON TOP OF THE WORLD TODAY! Hope you are, too!

(P.S. Writing this from the car outside of the library and can't get out of the car until Vanessa Carlton's "White Houses" ends. Because.)

1 comment:

  1. Ummm, THAT'S AMAZING! Congratulations on being a professional writer!

    ReplyDelete

i like words. and you. write me a few?