June 23, 2012

this part of my life is entitled, "sometimes i don't think i can take another step, and then i do".


the last week has been an interesting one.
i struggled. a lot.

i won't go into so much detail, because such detail is unnecessary and counterproductive, but i would just like to record my progress with these words, and remind myself at a later date that i can do hard things. me. i can. and while i can never do them alone, i can do them.

this week, i felt the ground clawing at my knees, harassing, teasing, and provoking them to collapse, all while my heart continued in prayer. it was a constant prayer, a week long pleading with the Lord to soften my heart, and make me a more finely painted portrait of Him.

and if there had been any doubt in my mind of His existence, His love, or His unending mercy before, i can assure you that it is gone now. i have learned that while His people are often times inconsistent and their priorities prove to be misshapen, he is infinitely and resoundingly perfect; his gospel is the same.

this one goes in the books, i think.

p.s. 
i hope there's someone reading this who needed to hear it as much as i needed to write it. 

3 comments:

  1. You got your wish, darling.

    THANK YOU for sharing. This week has been one torturous hellish week. It sucked. Thanks for the reminder of everything worth knowing and feeling. I sure love yah!

    Amanda
    http://weandserendipity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, thank you, thank you. oh, and thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Love you! :) Missing you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete

i like words. and you. write me a few?