January 11, 2013

A thank you note:


Thanks for cooperating, Universe.
Sorry that I was a sore sport earlier this week. It was definitely uncalled for.
I got a little scared, and I think I wussed out prematurely.
Thanks for giving me a second chance. 

Also, 
I feel like another sort of thanks are in order: 
Thank you for boys with plaid shirts, and cuffed pants,
who come with me to poetry readings on a whim, and pretend to want to be there...
ones who don't have dimples, but who sometimes wink at me when it gets too quiet. 
I've never seen this variety before,
and I sort of really like them.
But really, just the one.
Yeah. Thanks for that one.
He knows lots of stuff.
And is ridiculously good looking.
There, I said it.

Lastly:
I don't know what's happening, but this is fun, and I feel weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i like words. and you. write me a few?