April 16, 2012

elsa j.

hello, my dear friends.

today, i have a surprise.
most days, i wonder if you're all so bored of reading my ranting that you think you might unfriend me altogether.
and also, this blog needed some spice, you know?
hence, i have asked a few of my favorite ladies to share pieces with you of their soul.
...or, share their soul in general, rather.
...it is just bad manners to end a sentence with a preposition, though "in general" is technically a prepositional phrase...
(seriously, my upcoming grammar final is doing freaky shiz to my brain. heaven help us all.)
aaaaanyway.
the pieces that i find myself most intrigued by are those small and personal.
thus, i have asked each blogger to expose their details in word, photo, and song.

the first of my guests is miss elsa jensen.
we met four years ago at the ripe old age of 16, brought together by two gentlemen--the kind you date. we were friends through high school, and are friends now as we've moved away and started the growing up process. i love her feisty southern charm and her red hair, too. she's got an eye for all things beautiful, and i think you might adore her.

...........................................................................


 
Elsa. 
El-sa. 
Not Elise,
Not Alyssa.
Elsa. 
It's German, and so am I.  
 Scandinavian by descent, and ginger by choice.   
My brain functions in the oddest of ways, noticing tiny details and over-thinking all the many events of life.  
I am constantly compelled to travel, to spend my dollars on the next chance I have to leave the country and go somewhere the food is unusual, and a place the people will judge my tacky American accent. 
I take pictures of people with Lucy, my camera, always love a boy in a bow tie, and think that shoes say more about a person than a shirt does.  I love my Southern accent and I drink cherry coke. With popcorn.

And I have plans. BIG plans.

song: Whole Wide World, Mindy Gledhill.
.......................................................................................

told you you'd love her.
stay tuned--there's more where that came from.
guest posts might just be my new favorite thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i like words. and you. write me a few?