December 19, 2012

Is this real life?

I got the most bizarre phone call tonight, from a number that I only half recognized. After ignoring the call once, I answered. On the other end of the line was a voice I hadn't heard in two years, but recognized immediately, asking me to make my way to Daybreak. Needless to say, it didn't take more than two minutes to get into the car.

I love this guy. He's one of the two best friends a person could ever have. And, in his own words, nothing has changed about him, other than the fact that he's less sinful now. So that's... good. Also, his brain functions even faster than it did before (and to further complicate things, it functions in Russian), amplifying the bad habit of mumbling that has always plagued him. I literally cannot understand most of the things he says to me... which really isn't new, it's just a bigger problem now.

Seriously, I missed everything about him. And I am the happiest human alive these days. Nothing makes me happier than my two best friends. And how lucky am I to have them come home within the same week? I'm counting my blessings twice today. Maybe three times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i like words. and you. write me a few?