December 17, 2012

The day I became Mary Hatch.

   Complex truths about my life in the form of a Jimmy Stewart metaphor. 

     "What is it you want, Mary? You--you want the moon? Just say the word, and I'll throw a lasso around it, pull it down. Hey, that's a pretty good idea. I'll give you the moon, Mary." 
     "I'll take it. Then what?"
     "Well, then you can swallow it, and it'll all dissolve, see? And the moonbeams would shoot out of your fingers and your toes, and the ends of your hair. Am I talking too much?" 

It never takes Mary Hatch long at all to figure out what she wants.
Today, I became Mary Hatch, and for the rest of my life, all I want to do is watch George Bailey lasso the moon.
And it only took a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i like words. and you. write me a few?