July 11, 2013

e-f-bythesea.


I love it here.

I told my dad that I would've been tempted to move here after high school, had I known it existed.
He responded by telling me that flawless weather patterns and a college campus on the beach was just the devil's tool to get people to move to California. 
DADS, AM I RIGHT?

Today was spiritual day at EFY. 
We bore testimony and were close to the spirit. 
And it was wonderful, the way it always is.

But sometimes, it's nice to get away from children and have adult time. 

So, a few of us celebrated 7/11 with free Slurpies from a trek up the road.
And then we walked back to UCSB by way of the beach. 
I mean... MY LIFE RIGHT NOW.

Next week I'm in Denver with a few more people I've recently fallen hard for. 
Also, my BFF again. And that's always a good time.
Denver is a Stay-At-Home program. 
Which means PARTY E'RRY NIGHT after the kiddies leave.

I can't even. Right now. I just. I can't.

But seriously. 
Let's just reminisce about the time at the beginning of the summer when I was waiting tables and wanted to die.
And then, let's think about how I drank a Slurpie on the beach and facilitated a conversation 
about The Book of Mormon this afternoon. 
Blessings come. And sometimes out of nowhere. 

2 comments:

  1. These are all good things!!! Haha you make me miss efy REAL bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. funny how things change that quickly

    ReplyDelete

i like words. and you. write me a few?