June 24, 2013

"I feel you in my knees."

The other day, I didn't feel pretty.

Today, in my denim shirt, I smeared Nutella on white bread, cut bananas over the top and watched Driving Miss Daisy. I felt the prettiest I've felt in weeks.


The other day, I had Sylvia Plath stuck in my head.

Today, I received a tight hug, made plans, remembered just how much I love those dimples, felt butterflies in my knees, and forgot about every heart break I've ever had.

Today, I wanted to tell the world how happy I was. Instead, I rolled down my windows on the freeway and smiled really big. Because I'm not about to blow this.

3 comments:

  1. Driving Miss Daisy. The best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that was vague! But good. I hope we get to know more eventually haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this. ps is that ingrid? or another quote thats the same? I'm thinking of "Mountain and the sea"

    ReplyDelete

i like words. and you. write me a few?